Wednesday, November 7, 2012

But You and I Are Really Just the Same


  I would get on a bus
A bus for Human Rights
So that every person
Can live with no
Abuse or violence
So that girls can
Live with no 
Harm
That boys can
Share the wealth
So that every human
Is equal
And no one 
Is at a loss
I would get on a bus
And travel
I will stand
On my own two feet
And I will support myself
If no one else does
I will get on a bus
For Human Rights
Hunger carves in a hole
In two opposite people
The people of power
Of gold and wealth
And the people of nothing
Nothing to live for
No food or water
People talk and talk 
About changing
What are they going to change?
Travel and listen
Don't sit and talk
I would get on a bus for 
Human Rights
So that every human can
Live without a hole
Of hunger
I would get on a bus
For Human Rights becauese
The empty, dark hole
Needs to be filled with
Light, music and art
So that every word
Can be hear
And no one is ignored
And there is no empty hole
Every talks but no one
Does
Will you?

--
Sophie Steiner


No comments:

Post a Comment